Monkey Go Places

Saturday 14 March 2015

Pulau Redang, Malaysia // 2015

Pulau Redang is an island off the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia, in the state of Terengganu.

So, this is my 4th time here.

I still remember the first time I fell in love with this place 13 years ago! That was the first time I saw a beach so beautiful and water so clear. Even in the middle of the day when it was scorching hot, the sea is so tempting with the water in just the right temperature, that me and my friends just forgot everything else and spent all afternoon in the water. The result, when I went home after the 3D2N vacation, my mom almost couldn't recognise me because I look totally burnt! But, it was so worth it.

The view of the mountains as we flew from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu early in the morning. That little bit of black shadow on the left is the plane's propeller :)

As far as I know, all the resorts in Pulau Redang provide full board packages. That includes boat transfers, accomodation, snorkeling trips and all meals (breakfast, lunch, tea time & dinner). Standard package is 3D2N but of course you have the option to extend.

This is how we arrive at the island. The boat will stop as near as it can get to the beach and we get down from there, straight into the clear blue seawater. One of the bigger and more luxury resort have their own jetty on the other side of the island so guests don't have to get wet. But honestly, I prefer to arrive like this. Hey, it's a beach vacation, get wet! When you get down from the boat, the waves could hit you high enough to wet your butt, but you don't have to worry about carrying your bags. The resort staff will transfer your bag to the beach and they carry high up so your bags won't get wet.

The sand on the beach is so soft, fine and white.

The water is so clear it's like a huge swimming pool and as bonus, there's fishes swimming with you.

In the afternoon, I would just sleep on the hammock under the tree, just like this mother and son.

But I didn't take a selfie like she did. :P

The view was breathtaking not just in the daytime. If you're lucky, you get gorgeous sky at night too.

I kinda fell asleep on the deck chair. Suddenly, I open my eyes and saw this round and bright moon, showing up in between the clouds, shining upon the sea.

The moon keep moving upwards (well, actually it's the earth moving), towards a different sea of clouds. It was so windy at night, it can get quite cold. You may need a jacket like I did. 

It feels like heaven waking up to a view like this.

Even though the temperature is quite hot, but it's quite windy so it's okay. 

There are many squirrels around. They mostly come to the resort's cafeteria. One of the staff say the squirrels will eat biscuits but not bread, so I gave them biscuits. This resort actually provides free flow of biscuit, coffee, tea and drinking water 24/7. Cream crackers and Kopi-O (local black coffee) can be just the perfect supper when you're hungry late at night.

I think all resorts have their own snorkeling and dive center.

In the evening, everyone comes out and play at the beach. It is also a good time to swim with the fishes because it's not hot anymore.

Volleyball is a popular game here. And these guys were actually pretty good at it. 


Splash!

And a bigger splash!

Some girls decorating the space for a birthday celebration.

Some of the resorts have a bar, some have live bands or DJ console for those who wants to chill and have a drink. Well, there's pretty much nothing else to do anyway.

This is the first time I'm staying at this resort - Redang Pelangi Resort. I thought the service was very good. Their staff were very efficient and friendly. The place is basic but clean (only maybe the bathroom could use some refurbishment). Food, not as much variety of choices compared to the luxury resort but taste was better than I expected . And I think the beach at this resort is nicer compared to the other stretch towards the right side. It's also more windy on this stretch of the beach. I would come back and stay here again.

Sadly, this was a short vacation and we had to leave on the third day morning.

Our flight back to Kuala Lumpur is at night, so we have hours to kill in Kuala Terengganu town. Another thing that I liked about the resort is that since we have to leave the island in the morning, they actually took us to their office in town, and we can leave our bags there and go explore the town on our own, or we can just rest at the common area. There are board games to borrow or you can just watch Astro and relax. They will then send you to the airport when it's time to take your flight. 

The office is just right opposite a bus station. 

We then spotted a few of this beautiful buses. The bus is designed like a traditional house. They are just regular town buses so we decided to get onto one for a ride.

The inside of the bus is just as beautiful as the outside. There's wood carvings and even batik on the bus ceiling.

And the seats are like garden benches. Cantik sekali! 

I wish it was a longer vacation.

2 comments:

  1. Hello ,


    I am interested in featuring your article regarding Pulau Redang, Malaysia//2015 for a travel site that is currently in development with our client.

    I can't seem to find your e-mail to get in contact. But if you are interested for further details on this, do drop me an e-mail at farah.hazeleena@loweandpartners.com

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Cheers,
    Farah Hazeleena

    ReplyDelete
  2. gretting ..
    I have provided advisory / consultancy services for ...
    1. Holidays to redang / kapas / perhentian island (3 days 2am / 2hari 1am / 1hari)
    2. Fishing / candied squid
    3. Fishing / overnight at kenyir lake (boat house)
    4. Speedboat tickets to the island (one way / two way)
    5. Visit interesting places in Terengganu (town / state tour)
    6. Transport to all malaysia (taxi / van / mpv / tour bus)
    For further inquiries please contact / whatsaap me.0179799773
    Or visit my blog at .. blackyellowservices.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete